Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Invasion!

It's been a week since the incident happened but it has been one of the major events in my life so I thought I'd share. My entire purse was stolen out of my car in my driveway last Wednesday! My cell phone, wallet, camera were all in my purse too! I was SO upset when I found out. It is definitely partly my fault- I was so consumed with getting Brooks in the house quickly because it was 4 and he hadn't had an afternoon nap yet that I grabbed him but not my belongings. I didn't remember to look for my purse until in the morning and it was gone! I totally panicked, squalled to Ben on the phone, etc. To make a long story short, the girl who took my stuff ran up a $1700 charge on my debit card by using it 20 times in the middle of the night. The last place she used it was the Economy Inn, so a police officer went over there and she had left her license there-real smart! However, I don't know he they have found my stuff yet because I can't get in touch with my investigator. I don't know how many people I have talked to that say they leave their purse and such in their car, but I can say from experience don't do it!!! The worst part of this whole thing might have to be that some creepy person was in MY driveway and in MY car. It makes me shiver to think that while she was in my driveway, my sweet baby was peacefully sleeping very close by! Not an experience that I want to go through ever again! Oh yeah, we will get our money back but probably not my phone or camera (I am so upset over losing my camera!).

5 comments:

  1. Oh man! That stinks!! Let us know if they catch the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes!! I did not know about that! That stinks. It is such a hassle to have to replace all the contents in your wallet. I am very guilty of leaving my purse in my car even though I have had it stolen out of my car before. It is so hard getting Henry, his bag, sippy cup, the mail, etc., that I just leave my purse in there. I try to remember to lock the doors, but sometimes I forget that too. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get better about that. Keep us updated. I hope they find her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl....I heard about that and I'm so sorry! Our neighborhood is so quiet and peaceful and I would never have imagined that would've happened here. I'm sure they'll catch her...doesn't seem like she was that intelligent! Did you have all of your pictures uploaded to your computer before it was taken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I did Scarlett...I just want my camera back! But I can always replace it...just a pain. I know...it scares me now about our neighborhood...I always felt safe but not so much now. Thanks for your sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooklyn, I am so sad to hear about that. I have had it happen twice before and it isn't a good feeling. I'm just glad for the most part you didn't lose anything that can't be replaced. Glad you all are safe!

    ReplyDelete