Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

House For Sale, Licking the IBUprofen, and Throwing the Glass Ball!

As of today, our house is now for sale!! I think we have a stressful time coming up but I'm excited that we are officially official. The sign goes up today! Killen here we come (as soon as we start looking :)) Saturday was the day we met with our realtor-we ended up meeting with her partner instead because she had a stomach bug, which was fine with me-she was awesome, but Brooks melted away the last half hour. I was by myself (Ben had yet another softball game of course) and Brooks wanted my attention totally focused on him. He was good at first, but then decided to play with our realtor's purse. She said he was fine to play in it but I was still worried and with good reason! First, I heard a quarter fall out and ran over to get it only to find a licked IBUprofen with the coating all over the floor beside Brooks. Thankfully, he didn't eat it but it scared me still! I guess he liked the taste of the outside of it, but didn't try the inside. Good thing! Then he proceeded to throw the frog-sitting-on-ball glass statue that WAS in our flowerbed onto the concrete sidewalk breaking it into many pieces. Then he cried when I wouldn't let him play with the broken ball. Poor buddy, it was a ball-which in his mind is meant to throw-just a "glass" ball this time. Our poor realtor was great though-it helped that she has kids too!!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know yall were putting your house up for sale, but you moving to killen will make it much easier for us to see you when we are in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for selling your house. Chad and I have talked about moving to Killen because it would be much easier for him and the drive to Huntsville! Good luck. Let me know if we can help in anyway! We can babysit Brooks if you need to clean before a showing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and good luck on selling! I can't believe that you wouldn't let Brooks play with the broken glass "ball". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Brooks could have had a headache and just needed a little IBUprofen and you took it from him. Afterall moving is stressful. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin Michael did the same thing with a "ball" just last year, only it was in a store and the "ball" was actually a ceramic piggy bank in the shape of a basketball. Needless to say it didn't bounce very well! I think little boys just think anything round is a ball to be played with.

    Etta

    ReplyDelete